Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Did I Mention That Dartmouth Was Very Quaint?

After our shortened visit to the Abby it was back to Dartmouth were we had plenty of free time to look around. I had heard that there was a building from the 1300's, currently operating as a pub called the Cherub that I had to check out. We found it without difficulty, and had a lunch of crab cake sandwich, and hard cider. Following that we walked around and admired the charming town, followed by a "snack" for my husband of a Cornish Meat Pie. It was pork, simmered in cider and cooked in a pastry with apples (Looked like a Stromboli) and had a wonderful taste. A taste was all I could coax out of my husband.





This building dates from 1388





Not Maryland Crab, but mighty tasty




 I fell in love with this sailboat with red sails, on the aqua water, with Dartmouth Castle in the background. Took this from a top deck of our ship, the Ocean Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment